The Grounds Committee's role is to encourage people to take care of the school's grounds. We will work to take care of the flower beds and vegetable patches and manage the playground.
This years committee aims are to:
- grow vegetables in the school garden and sell them to raise money for the school.
- encourage people to take care of school property – creating signs, presenting at assembly.
- take charge of reading corners and school library – organizing monitors.
- organise outdoor games for playtime and lunch time.
- organise playground buddies for all age groups to make sure everybody is included and having fun in the playground.
December Meeting 2016
The group spent time looking into different kinds of vegetables that we could grow.
They had to think about what would be good at different times of year. Research was also done into how much the seeds are and how many they might need.
As a group we talked about what kind of vegetables people would like to buy as well.